Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When I First discovered Pinterest...

Well Hello!
     Before getting married I would only cook for special occasions or if my fiance would ask me to make something special. I would find those easy recipe websites like www.allrecipes.com or I would use the app on my iPhone and find a chicken recipe and always fine something that would take less than 30 minutes to make. My fiance always said what I made was good, but I never believed him. (Ps I am a picky eater so I always have to make myself a separate meal since I don't usually like what he wants)

      As I planing my wedding a friend of mine Katee invited me to Pinterest for ideas on the wedding... this was when Pinterest was not really "known" yet. This is when it all happened! I was finally excited, I had that giddy feeling about cooking! I saw all these recipes to make and they looked not only easy but amazing! So I started "pining" and then I made my first "Pinterest" recipe!!!!

Honey Lemon Chicken Enchiladas (Brie's Cheese Honey Lemon Enchiladas)
Also found on Six Sisters Stuff Blog
( http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/05/honey-lime-chicken-enchiladas.html )



Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:

Ingredients:

Marinade:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Enchiladas:
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I usually boil 4 chicken breasts and shred them)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound Monterrey jack cheese, shredded (Brie's add 1 cup of cheese)
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream

Directions:
Whisk the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a Zip-loc bag. (Brie's cheese just substitute the additional cheese and marinade the cheese)  Let it marinate in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.  Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.  Fill the tortillas with chicken,(fill half of them with Brie's cheese without chicken) saving marinade, and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.  Put rolled tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go.  Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade (if there is any).  Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.




       Like my title of the blog says simple and sweet!!! I will be making simple and sweet posts to my blog! I will be all over the board including... recipes, organization to your life and your home, fun ideas to "sweeten" your marriage not only in the first year but many years later, and lots more!!!! Hope you all enjoy my blog! Have a wonderful and blessed day!

Love, Brie

Ecclesiastes 4:9-11
 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 1If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment